Our Strategic Plan
Delivering the Strategy
Our University aspires to be in the top quartile of UK Universities by 2017 measured by our ranking in the standard league tables. This means we will need to transform our performance in the core business of our University by achieving standing in the first quartile in UK Universities in both teaching quality (we are currently fourth quartile) and our research and innovation (we are currently second quartile).
Our new Strategic Plan 2009/10 to 2017/18 sets out the means by which we will meet our challenges and realise our aspirations up to 2017 when we celebrate 50 years as a Chartered University.
Six Strategic Goals and their owners
Our new Strategic Plan sets out six strategic goals supported by indicators and targets to measure our progress:
- Goal 1 – Transforming learning and teaching: Huw Morris
- Goal 2 – Transforming research and innovation: Jim Yip
- Goal 3 – Transforming engagement: Keith Barnes
- Goal 4 – Our people: Keith Watkinson
- Goal 5 – Transforming infrastructure and services: Adrian Graves
- Goal 6 – Internationalising the University (PDF): Brian Longhurst
• Media, Digital Technology and the Creative Economy
• Built and Human Environment
• Health and Wellbeing
Vision, Mission and Values
Our Strategic Plan is driven by an overarching vision, mission and set of values which will inform our broad direction and our guiding principles.
Our vision has now been defined and is what we as an organisation aspire to be:
|“The University of Salford will be, by 2017, an outstanding University renowned for the quality of its engagement, humanity, global reach and leadership in research, innovation and education.”|
Our mission is:
|“Salford is an enterprising University which transforms individuals and communities through excellent teaching, research, innovation and engagement.”|
In common with all progressive organisations, we have developed the following set of shared values both as a guide and framework for personal and corporate behaviour in the governance and management of our University and in every aspect of our activities.Our values:
- The highest academic, professional and ethical standards and service to our stakeholders, clients and partners and, in particular, putting our students first
- Supporting our people and recognising and rewarding excellence and leadership
- Working together for the advancement of the University
- Innovation, creativity, enterprise, courage
- Diversity, humanity, fairness and respect
- Pride in our heritage and the distinctive difference we make to the world
- Investing passion in all that we do.