Support for carers

We care . . . . support for carers at the University of Salford

A carer is someone who provides unpaid care to a partner, child, relative, friend or neighbour who could not manage without this help because of frailty, physical or mental illness, addiction or disability.


If this describes your own position, or maybe someone you know, we hope you will find these pages helpful. If you are a carer, get in touch and join the University’s Forum for carers. The forum is there to help staff and students with caring responsibilities share information and provide support to each other, the forum can be found at 

There are a number of local and national organisations specialising in support for carers. Carers UK  is a national charity with up to date information and advice on:

Support available if you live in Salford can be found at:

Local organisations will be able to advise on the support available outside of Salford and the services you can expect from your local authority. Local details can be found at:

If you would like to find out more about University support, or can’t find the help you are looking for, please contact Arron Pile -  or 0161 295 2152