NSS: A thank you!
May 10, 2018
A massive thank you to everyone that helped make this year’s National Student Survey (NSS) the most successful to date with a final response rate of 80.4%!
Our NSS main prize of a £500 Amazon voucher prize has been awarded to a student in the School of Health & Society who had the following to say about the survey and winning:
“I was encouraged by my tutors to complete the survey as they highlighted how this can help maintain the quality of the course but also areas for improvement. I was really shocked to win as I wasn’t aware there was a prize to be won! (It shows you should always pay attention!)”
· We have outperformed the sector where the average response rate stands at 70.3% against our result of 80.4%.
· All but three Programme Groups have reached reporting threshold.
· 101 programmes out of the 111 with more than 10 respondents met reporting threshold.
Neil Fowler, Dean of Students said: “‘Once again we have hit a new completion record, surpassing last year’s rate. We passed all key completion landmarks earlier than last year with three quarters of responses achieved within the first five weeks. It was pleasing to see the greater ownership of the process by programme teams and completion activity becoming part of business as usual. I look forward to seeing the outcomes of the survey when these are published at the end of July.”
NSS 2018 Results
· Strategy are currently working with Schools around internal dissemination of results.
· General information about the publication of NSS 2018 data is available here.
· Results from NSS 2018 will be made publicly available through the Unistats website at the end of August.
Closing the Loop
· A Student Channel article is live with information about our response rate and when results will be published.
· The article signposts students to their Programme Action Log to find out what is being done with the results of the NSS and other student feedback menchanisms on their programme and to encourage them to get involved in work around this through the USSU Student Rep system.
· All students included in this year’s survey will be e-mailed in September to update them on the overall institutional results and highlight the information available through Unistats.