The role of the Internal Communications team is to provide a framework for communicating business strategy and success stories university-wide using a range of channels from face to face to online, digital and paper based.
The Internal Communications Team sits within the Communications Division. We work closely with our colleagues in the Press Office to ensure that internal and external communications are aligned and with our colleagues in Student Life who communicate with our students.
Through a number of communications channels we ensure that university-wide messages and announcements are delivered in a timely way and via the most appropriate method, encouraging opportunities for feedback at every stage of the communication.
Our communications channels include:
- Face to face via the monthly Talk Time
- Face to face via regular VC events and DVC breakfast briefings
- US magazine: our award-winning magazine for staff
- US Online on the Staff Channel: our daily news channel
- Staff Channel: see also our Road to MediaCityUK video blogs at http://staff.salford.ac.uk/mcuk/index.php
In addition to this we manage the VC’s blog and provide Internal Communications support and guidance to our colleagues who are responsible for communications at a local level within Professional Service departments, Colleges and Schools.
Although, we are all well versed in all aspects of Internal Communications, we have particular areas in which we can offer advice. Caroline Boyd is your IC Officer supporting IC at MediaCityUK and in the College of Arts & Social Sciences, whilst Jane Howard is on hand to assist the Colleges of Health & Social Care and Science & Technology.
Click on the team names or pictures below to find out more about each member of the team and who is best placed to help you. We look forward to receiving your call.
|Head of Internal Communication
General Contact details
- Email: email@example.com
- Internal Communications, Faraday House, University of Salford, Salford, Greater Manchester M5 4WT
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with details of your news story or communication requirement and tell us why this is of university-wide interest to all staff.