Your invitation to the Festival of Research
Jun 11, 2019
The Festival of Research is a month-long event in and around the University campus and across the City.
Over the course of the festival, there will be talks, workshops, conferences, tours and fun activities such as immersive cinema and Research in the Park. There are many different activities and events taking place, this is your personal guide to just a few of them:
- 14 June: Join our special pop-up opening event on Friday 4-6pm, at The Landing, MediaCity. Further details and booking can be found here.
Specialist & 1 day conferences:
- 24 June: Now, that’s what I call Industry 4.0. Ever wondered what Industry 4.0 actually is? Come and find out! There is focus on music and healthcare as topics of popular interest, practice and application. Find out more here.
- 25 June: Healthy Living - Fusing Power and People. The symposium is dedicated to the world leading research in Orthotics & Prosthetics and Dementia & Ageing. Find out more here.
- 26 June: RECHARGE Live – Environments and Sustainability. Find out more here.
- 28 June: The Power of You. Perspectives of resilience and leadership in Sport and Social Prescribing expo: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/the-power-of-you-tickets-62262199916
- 3-4 July, MediaCity: SPARC. Annual Postgraduate Researcher Conference, Keynote speakers with perspectives on safeguarding in the community and disability enabled futures. Find out more here.
- 5 July, Failure Friday, MediaCity. Be part of the Failure Freedom Movement and celebrate Failure as a pathway to success:
Information & Community focussed events:
- The Living Library - a networking knowledge exchange. Find out more here.
- Research in the Park - public engagement of science and arts in the open space of Peel Park. Find out more here.
Further details of all of the Festival events can be found here.
Please extend the invitation to others who may want to take part!