University of Salford Apprenticeship Programme
Jun 21, 2018
Please note the closing date for September 2018 entry is Friday 29 June 2018.
Now in its second year, our University of Salford Apprenticeship Programme is run in collaboration with Salford Business School and offers a wide selection of internal apprenticeships to existing employees. Recent government reforms funded by the Apprenticeship Levy (introduced April 2017) enable existing employees to undertake apprenticeships providing a work-based learning route to a formal qualification.
We are currently seeking interest from employees for these apprenticeships, delivered by Salford Business School, with a Sept 2018 or Jan 2019 start:
- L4 Higher Apprenticeship - Associate Project Manager (Cert HE Project Management Consultancy)
- L5 Higher Apprenticeship - Operational/Departmental Manager (FdSc Business and Management, Foundation degree)
- L6 Chartered Manager - (BSc Hons Business and Management)
- L7 Senior Leader (Master of Business Administration) Final details to be confirmed
- L7 Senior Leader (MSc Leadership and Management) Final details to be confirmed
Developing your skills through apprenticeships means you can stay in your existing role while doing a fully funded qualification
Please note that an apprenticeship is a very specific type of development and offers a significant amount of newfound skills. It is most suited to early career professionals, career changers, and people being developed into a significant new aspect of their role. The usual duration is 18-24 months with at least 20% time out of the ‘day job’. For these reasons the decision to undertake one of these apprenticeships must be a joint one between you and your line manager, and usually identified through a PDR discussion.
If you are interested in these apprenticeships and would like to find out more information, please visit the HR website where you will find a comprehensive guide as well as information on the application process.